Rookaya Mather, MD, FRCSC
Dr. Mather completed training in refractive surgery at LASIK MD with some of the most experienced surgeons in North America. She has performed over 5,000 ocular procedures, and uses the most advanced excimer lasers in the field. Dr. Mather has extensive experience performing cataract surgery, PKP and DSEK surgery as well as pterygium surgery and surface reconstruction.
In addition to performing refractive surgery at LASIK MD, Dr. Mather is an associate professor of ophthalmology at the University of Western Ontario. She spends time at the university teaching residents and medical students and is involved in research in the Department of Ophthalmology. Dr. Mather also sees patients at the Ivey Eye Institute at St. Josephs's Hospital in London, Ontario.
Accomplishments and Awards
Dr. Mather is currently conducting research at the University of Western Ontario in the field of cornea and external disease. Dr. Mather has given presentations and lectures at professional conferences held by the Canadian Ophthalmological Society, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society and Ocular Microbiology and Immunology Group. She has also published several articles for peer-reviewed journals such as the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology and the American Journal of Ophthalmology.
Associations and Professional Memberships
• Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
• Canadian Ophthalmology Association
• Canadian Association of University Professors of Refractive Surgery
• Canadian Cornea and External Disease Society
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
• Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
• Ocular Microbiology and Immunology Group